Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 10, 2010

    Change of focus

    Floating around in my mind for quite some time now is a desire to 'do' something with my running program once I have got up to the 5kms. I've decided that the best way to move forward is to change my focus to what I AM going to do......run 5kms in the City to Bay this year (2010). For those who don't know, its a fun run on September 19th, there's an opportunity to walk or run various lengths, but i'm sticking with my 5kms. For now.
    So far I have managed twice to get to week 4 of the C25K running program and then hit a hitch, the first time it was pregnancy, this time it was 2 sprained ankles and some serious pain. With some treatment I am almost back to running and looking forward to getting past that week 4 hump! (By the way, didn't sprain the ankles running, managed to do it firefighting, damn hilly terrain).

    My blog from now on will be a weekly update of my running, maybe a weight update, but i'm more interested in focusing on the mins/kms achieved.
    So, if by any chance you're reading, feel free to add some encouragement or advice and join me as I work my way to a real goal.

    Cheers
    Annie

    No comments: